Switzerland Muslim Cleric Hate
Muslim preacher also delivered ‘hate’ sermons in Libya
Swiss public television SRF has obtained more footage of Swiss-based
‘hate preacher’ Abu Ramadan delivering controversial sermons – this
time in Libya. Ramadan faces deportation, having claimed CHF600,000
($620,000) in Swiss welfare payments whilst preaching such messages.
SRF and the Tages Anzeiger newspaper first reported on Ramadan’s
sermons in August, having seen video footage of his preaching at the
Ar’Rahman mosque in canton Bern. “Oh Allah, I beg you to destroy the
enemies of our religion. Destroy the Jews, Christians, Hindus, Russians
and the Shia,” he is heard saying.
Now, the same media have uncovered other sermons delivered in Tripoli
in November 2016 in which he calls on God to “destroy” the enemies of
Islam. “O God, grant your oppressed servants...victory in Iraq, Syria,
Yemen, Palestine, Egypt, Libya," he goes on to say.
In interviews, Ramadan has admitted to speaking out against Israel and
Zionist ideology; however, he denies that his preaching incites Jihad,
or attacks Switzerland and the western world. He insists that his words
have been twisted in translation from Arabic. The federal prosecutor is
currently examining whether he has violated Swiss laws.
Last month, the Federal Administrative Court in St Gallen revoked
Ramadan’s asylum in Switzerland, after it emerged that he has travelled
to Libya several times in the last years, including a month-long trip
in 2017. The Swiss court argued that Ramadan made these journeys
despite knowing that a recognised refugee must not return to his or her
country of origin, as this is a violation of refugee status.
The Libyan obtained Swiss asylum in 1998 and has drawn regular social
security benefits for the past 13 years. He currently resides in the
town of Nidau in canton Bern. It is now up to the Bernese authorities
to decide whether to deport the 64-year-old.
Winterthur imam charged with incitement to murder
11 August 2017
An Ethiopian imam of the now closed An’Nur mosque in Winterthur has been charged with inciting people to commit murder.
The Winterthur public prosecutor’s office said in a statement on Friday
that the imam was charged on August 2nd with inciting the murder of
He is also accused of having posted violent images of murders on Facebook and giving them to other people.
In addition he faces a charge of violating the Aliens Act by working without a permit.
The public prosecutor is demanding a suspended prison sentence and the
man’s expulsion from Switzerland with a 15-year ban on returning.
The imam has been under investigation since early November 2016 when
police raided the An’Nur mosque after receiving evidence about a sermon
given by the imam in which he called for the murder of Muslims who
refused to take part in common prayer.
The imam and three others were arrested during the raid.
Proceedings against two of the three were terminated on July 18th, the
prosecutor said. The investigation against the third is nearing
In February police arrested ten other people in connection with a
brutal attack on two Muslims who are thought to have tipped off a
journalist about the controversial sermon.
The An’Nur mosque closed its doors in late June after the landlord of the building refused to extend the rental contract.
The mosque was a controversial presence in the northern Swiss city over
allegations that it had connections to terror groups and supported the
radicalization of young people.
The mosque denied the accusations.
Imam arrested for 'ordering Muslims to be killed for not praying'
AN imam has been arrested at a mosque in Zurich after he allegedly issued threats to kill Muslims who didn't pray.
By SIOBHAN MCFADYEN
Nov 2, 2016
The Zurich's prosecutor's office has confirmed the imam at the An'Nur
de Winterhour mosque has been detained for incitement to violence after
it was alleged that he preached to the congregation that they should
kill fellow muslims who don't attend prayers.
It is claimed that during an October 21 sermon the imam "called for the
assassination of Muslims who refuse to participate in communal prayers
in the mosque".
Another three people, from Algeria and Tunisia, have been arrested who
are linked to the mosque which was last year raided after cops
discovered there was an ISIS terror cell.
Zurich police conducted a raid early on Monday morning and arrested the men aged 23 to 35 over immigration violations.
According to reports the mosque announced it will be closed by the end
of the year because its owners do not want to renew the lease.
The imam, who is reported to be an Ethiopian national, is reported to
have told the congregation that "sinners" should receive a warning if
they don't attend the five daily prayers.
He told mosque goers that they should be encouraged to return to the
"bosom of the community" before saying that "those who do not return to
the community and not pray should be killed."
Police had the mosque under surveillance for a number of days and had
been watching the entrance from unmarked cars parked outside.
The mosque hit headlines last year after an ISIS terror cell was dicovered operating on the site.
Kurt Pelda was first to report the news about the terrorist group who
had encouraged its members to travel to the Middle East.
He said: “A man from Winterthur became radicalised in the last few months and recently travelled to Syria.
“We do not know exactly what he has done in Syria but there is every indication it has to do with ISIS.
“Let there be no doubt.
“There is a whole bunch of preachers and prayer leaders who actively
meet in the mosque or outside with young people and trying to
WORD FAITH INDEX
CATHOLIC CHURCH INDEX