GOD'S WELFARE GUIDELINES
1) You are not to take advantage of poor people through loan sharking.
22:25 "If you lend money to any of My people who are poor among you,
you shall not be like a moneylender to him; you shall not charge him
2) Rich and poor should be treated the same in a court of law.
Exodus 23:3 "You shall not show partiality to a poor man in his dispute."
3) Are you setting aside resources for the poor in their time of need?
19:10 "And you shall not glean your vineyard, nor shall you gather
every grape of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the poor and the
stranger: I am the LORD your God."
4) We are to help the poor among us regardless of nationality.
25:35 "If one of your brethren becomes poor, and falls into poverty
among you, then you shall help him, like a stranger or a sojourner,
that he may live with you."
5) Poor people should be paid promptly for work performed.
24:15 "Each day you shall give him his wages, and not let the sun go
down on it, for he is poor and has set his heart on it; lest he cry out
against you to the LORD, and it be sin to you."
6) God will hear the prayers of poor people who are being troubled.
Psalm 34:6 This poor man cried out, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
7) The first social ministry of the church was taking care of the poor.
2:44-45 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in
common, and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among
all, as anyone had need.
Galatians 2:10 They desired only that we should remember the poor, the very thing which I also was eager to do.
8) Giving to the poor must be done in love for eternal rewards.
Corinthians 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and
though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me
9) Our love for Jesus Christ comes before our concern for the poor.
14:6-9 But Jesus said, "Let her alone. Why do you trouble her? She has
done a good work for Me. For you have the poor with you always, and
whenever you wish you may do them good; but Me you do not have always.
She has done what she could. She has come beforehand to anoint My body
for burial. Assuredly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached
in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a
memorial to her."
10) Have you been perfected in Jesus Christ?
19:21 Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you
have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and
come, follow Me."
Note: Are you eager to help the poor? Are you in love with Jesus Christ?
WORD FAITH INDEX
CATHOLIC CHURCH INDEX