The Purpose of the Holy Spirit
1) The Holy Spirit will be with and in Christians during this lifetime.
“And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.” John 14:16-17.
2) The Holy Spirit will empower Christians to be a witness for Jesus Christ.
“But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.” John 15:26.
3) The Holy Spirit becomes the conscious for the world through Christians.
“And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.” John 16:8-11.
4) The Holy Spirit will spiritually enlighten Christians.
“However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.” John 16:13.
5) The Holy Spirit will help Christians to glorify Jesus Christ.
“He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore, I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.” John 16:14-15.
6) The Holy Spirit gives Christians hope through the love of God.
Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:5
7) The Holy Spirit eliminates fear and establishes a relationship with God.
For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” Romans 8:15.
8) The Holy Spirit will help us when we are spiritually weak.
Likewise, the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26
9) The Holy Spirit gives spiritual gifts to all Christians.
But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills. 1 Corinthians 12:11
10) The Holy Spirit helps Christians live an abundant life.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Galatians 5:22-23.
11) The Holy Spirit gives access to God the Father through Jesus Christ.
For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. Ephesians 2:18
12) The Holy Spirit reminds Christians of what needs to be done.
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” Revelation 3:22