1) Do you recognize Jesus Christ as the Lamb of God sacrificed for your sins?
Matthew 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
Note: Have you obeyed Jesus Christ by remembering His death for your sins?
2) Have you thanked God (who?) the Father for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for your sins?
Matthew 26:27 Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.”
Note: Has a religious institution told you not to take the cup despite your love for Jesus Christ?
3) Do you realize a relationship with the Father is based on the shed blood of the Son for your sins?
Matthew 26:28 “For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.”
Note: Do you realize your sins are washed away only by the shed blood of Jesus Christ through faith?
4) Are you proclaiming the death of Jesus Christ for your sins?
1 Corinthians 11:26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.
Note: Do you realize this celebration is continuous until Jesus Christ returns to the earth?
5) Are you proclaiming the death of Jesus Christ for your sins?
1 Corinthians 11:27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
Note: Are you guilty of the death of Jesus Christ by not proclaiming Him as your Savior?
6) Are you proclaiming the death of Jesus Christ for your sins?
1 Corinthians 11:28-30 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep.
Note: Is the judgment of God upon you?
7) Christians proclaims the death of Jesus Christ until He returns to the earth.
Matthew 26:29 But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”
Note: Holy Communion will be a celebration of joy in the literal presence of Jesus Christ after His return.
WORD FAITH INDEX
CATHOLIC CHURCH INDEX