Traitor Muslim Immigrants


300 refugees subjects of FBI terror investigations, U.S. officials say

By Catherine Herridge
Published March 06, 2017

Hundreds of people admitted to the United States as refugees are the subjects of FBI counterterrorism investigations involving ISIS – including some individuals from countries cited on President Trump’s revised travel ban.

Trump’s order, which was announced late Monday morning, temporarily bans travel to those without valid visas from Sudan, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia and Yemen.

Nearly a third of the 1,000 FBI domestic terrorism cases – 300 – involve those admitted to the U.S. as refugees, a Department of Homeland Security official said Monday. That number was confirmed later in the day by Attorney General Jeff Sessions during a news conference. Officials said some of those 300 came to “infiltrate” the U.S., while others were radicalized once they were in the country.

"Like every nation, the United States has a right to control who enters our country and to keep out those who would do us harm," Sessions said.

The officials who spoke Monday morning didn’t detail the current immigration status of those 300 people who were subjects of government terror probes, Reuters reported, citing a source.

One official also sought to clarify the apparent conflict with a leaked DHS report that appeared to show no connection between refugees and terrorism. The official said the draft document, which was reported by The Associated Press on Feb. 24, was not complete, had not been vetted through the interagency process and did not reflect classified information.

FBI Director James Comey said in late 2015 that some 900 terror investigations were going on, and probes were active in every state. But Monday's development marked the first official concrete linkage between the refugee program and terrorism.

At the time, Comey indicated the bureau was stretched thin by the sheer volume of investigations.

"If that becomes the new normal," Comey said, "that would be hard to keep up."

Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly said the travel ban announced Monday was a key to ansuring the refugee program is conducted safely.

"We must undertake a rigorous review of our visa and refugee vetting programs to increase our confidence in the entry decisions we make for visitors and immigrants to the United States," Kelly said. "We cannot risk the prospect of malevolent actors using our immigration system to take American lives."

Several refugees have already participated in mass attacks in recent years motivated by apparent Islamic radicalism.

Somali refugee Abdul Razak Ali Artan rammed his car into a crowd at The Ohio State University in November after posting a message on Facebook warning America not to interfere with Muslim communities. Somali refugee Dahir Adan reportedly yelled “Allahu Akbar” and asked one victim if they were Muslim during a September rampage in which he stabbed and injured nine people at a Minnesota mall. Seddique Mateen, the father of Pulse nightclub shooter Omar Mateen, is an Afghan refugee. Countless other refugees have been convicted of plotting attacks or planning to join ISIS abroad.

Though they didn’t enter the nation as refugees, several other terrorists have benefited from inadequate vetting to come to the U.S.

Tashfeen Malik, who was born in Pakistan, came to the U.S. on a K-1 “fiancée” visa prior to engaging in a deadly shooting spree with husband Syed Rizwan Farook that killed 14 and injured 22 others in December 2015. Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the brothers who orchestrated the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, were born in Kyrgyzstan and entered the U.S. when their family filed for asylum.

Mother-of-two reveals she opened her home to Afghan '12-year-old refugee' but was shocked when he turned out to be a grown man who threatened to KILL her family

•    Woman, renamed Julie for anonymity reasons, took in a refugee posing as a child

•    Afghan man, called Abdul, said he was 12 but dentist assessed his age as 19-21
•    Abdul was polite and shy but soon turned aggressive and attacked Julie's family
•    Police arrested Abdul but he threatened to kill Julie's family and she lives in fear

By Alex Matthews For Mailonline

1 March 2017

A mother-of-two opened up her home to a grown man posing as an Afghan '12-year-old refugee' who later attacked her family.

The woman said she lives in fear after the man, who said his name was Abdul, threatened to kill her family after he was arrested for assaulting her relatives.

During an emotional interview on ITV's Loose Women, the mother, who was renamed Julie for anonymity reasons, has now called on the Government to carry out proper age checks on refugees coming to the UK.

She told presenters Ruth Langsford and Saira Khan that she had taken in the asylum seeker after being asked to look after him for a 'few nights' by social services.

Julie recalled: 'When I walked into the room, I didn’t think he was the person they were referring to. He looked about 19. He was very quiet and very timid.

‘I didn’t want to hurt his feelings, but I don’t usually take teenagers. I take younger children. But I just thought he needed a home and didn’t think anymore of it.'

Despite her initial misgivings regarding the boy's age, Julie generously opened up her home up to the youngster.

However, she became suspicious of his true identity after a dental examination.

She said: ‘We went to a dental appointment and the dentist age-assessed him between 18 and 21.

'They had to give him the benefit of the doubt and because he claimed he was 12 and the dentist aged him as 21, they placed him at 16. They averaged him.'

Julie said that at first her new arrival was pleasant and well behaved, but soon he turned nasty.

She later found out he was not the person he said he was and had been arrested while posing as a child refugee in Belgium.

She said: ‘He was lovely in the beginning. Very humble, very polite, very thoughtful. But as the weeks went by I started to notice a change in him. I was comparing him to my boy and he was more mature than my boy was.

'He had been arrested in Belgium.  He had a bone density x-ray there and they said '‘you aren’t 12’' and sent him on his way.

‘I found out that he claimed asylum there as 17-year-old. I couldn’t understand why that information wasn’t passed on to me.’

‘I became very frightened, he became quite menacing after I set up a Facebook account for him.

'I was hoping to help him find his family and then shortly after he was receiving these phone calls where his manner would change dramatically and he became intimidating and quite threatening.

Julie said she felt scared to be alone with Abdul in her own home but didn't want another family placed with such a temperamental and possibly dangerous man.

She said: ‘I was concerned because if they asked to re-home him, I didn’t want him to go to another family because he wasn’t who he claimed to be.

‘I can remember one day he went up to the fridge and he was looking at a photo of me and my daughter, as if he was trying to intimidate me through my daughter.

'My daughter was stood there and I can remember thinking, '‘don’t turn around’'. I knew and I could see what he was doing in the corner of my eye, but I kept on wiping up.

‘He walked right up behind me and I can still feel his breath on the back of my neck and I can remember feeling petrified.’

Julie said she later found that Abdul had been visiting extremist websites on his mobile phone and an interpreter relayed messages, sent to family and friends, where he had been joking about tricking the British government into thinking he was a child.

She said: 'I was so shocked. I can remember thinking, ''Oh my god! Who is this person?'’

A permanent home was found for Abdul and it was then that he started to lash out at Julie and her family.

She said: 'There were other homes that had been offered to him and it wasn’t where he wanted to go.

'When another home came up he became very aggressive about it.

‘He started [attacking] verbally and then a member of my family got in between us, in fear of me getting hurt, and then he pushed them back and started punching.

'I ran to get the police and I was just pleading with him to calm down and just said ''why are you doing this?''.

Abdul was arrested for the assault but now Julie lives in fear of him coming back and attacking her family.

She said: ‘He did make threats to us before the police took him, to me and the children. He did say when he was removed: ‘I’ll kill you all. I know where you live’

‘I’m very frightened since he was removed. I know that he’s not being properly watched and he could at any time, turn up at my house. I panic if I’m not at school on time.

'He knows the school runs, he’s knows everything. We changed the locks at the house and I’m constantly vigilant of everything.'

Julie has called for Theresa May to enforce greater scrutiny on the refugees who are being taken in by British families.

She said: 'It’s not that I want to put people off looking after any refugee or asylum seeker, it’s just that proper checks need to be done.

‘They are guessing these men’s ages and placing them in the homes of other vulnerable children.

'To Theresa May and the Government I would like to say, if you are insisting on allowing these men to come here then make sure you give proper age assessment checks, like in Belgium.

'Stop putting the burden on carers to deal with it, carers like myself whose families are being put at great risk.'

Sudanese immigrant wanted to start a ‘sleeper cell’ for Islamic State

By Rachel Weiner

February 23, 2017
The Washington Post

As soon as he came to the United States, according to court documents, Mahmoud Elhassan was looking for supporters of Islamist terrorism groups.

“One of our forgotten prisoners,” the Sudanese immigrant wrote on Facebook of a man convicted in a bombing plot. “I wished to work with him one day, but the 1st day I came to the states I found that the disbelievers imprisoned him.”

In 2014, Elhassan messaged a radical Sudanese cleric, saying, “Here with you is a sleeper cell.” He asked to be connected to like-minded young men, saying, “I am feeling that I am alone and I don’t have anyone but the brothers on the internet.”

But the supposed ally the cleric found for Elhassan was actually an FBI informant. When he tried to help another man, Joseph Farrokh, travel to Syria, both were arrested and eventually pleaded guilty to terrorism-
related charges. Elhassan, 26, will be sentenced Friday in federal court in Alexandria.

Elhassan, who lived in Woodbridge, admitted that he drove Farrokh to the Richmond Airport and then lied to agents about his friend’s plans. At first he appeared to be an accessory to Farrokh’s plans. But prosecutors now say Elhassan was the instigator, having been radicalized long before the two met. Before his sentencing, Farrokh wrote in court filings that his allegiance to the Islamic State was shallow and brief, spurred by personal problems. He was sentenced to 8½ years in prison.

Elhassan’s attorneys say he, too, was shaped by trauma. His father was abusive, according to his court filings, and his mother fled with her children to Egypt. They all made it to the United States as legal residents by 2012, but his mother died two years later. About the same time, the father of a woman Elhassan hoped to marry rejected his proposal. All along, he suffered from severe kidney and liver problems that have caused periodic hospitalizations.

“The timing and particular circumstances of Mr. Elhassan’s conduct when viewed in the context of the emotional upheaval he was experiencing at the time of the offense, particularly his undiagnosed and untreated depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and perfect storm of tragic family circumstances can explain — but cannot justify — how he was drawn into such a simplistic and naive fundamentalist worldview at the heart of the resulting conduct,” his attorneys wrote.

They ask for a sentence of four to six years; prosecutors want Elhassan to be behind bars far longer.

“Childhood abuse cannot be an excuse for aligning with and supporting a terrorist organization,” they wrote in their sentencing filing. “Drawing a causal connection between childhood abuse and terrorism does a grave disservice to victims of child abuse.”

The maximum sentence for Elhassan’s crimes in 28 years.

Afghan asylum seeker charged with raping and murdering EU official's daughter in Germany will be tried as an adult after officials find he LIED that he was a minor

•    Hussein Khavari is accused of raping and murdering Maria Ladenburger, 19

•    He claimed he was 17, but a report concluded he was at least 22 at the time
•    Khavari was arrested after police linked his DNA to crime scene in Freiburg

By Emily Chan For Mailonline
23 February 2017

An Afghan asylum seeker charged with raping and murdering the daughter of an EU official will be tried as an adult, after it was found that he lied about being a minor.

Hussein Khavari was arrested over the rape and murder of 19-year-old medical student Maria Ladenburger in Freiburg, south-west Germany, in December last year.

He claimed he was 17, which meant he could only serve a maximum of ten years in jail if found guilty.

However, a report commissioned by the prosecutor's office has concluded that Khavari was at least 22-years-old at the time of the offence.

Maria, who worked as a volunteer to help asylum seekers and whose father is a legal adviser to the European Commission in Brussels, was found raped and drowned on October 16 last year.

Khavari, who arrived in Germany as an unaccompanied minor in 2015, was arrested after police linked his DNA to traces found at the crime scene.

Police say he ambushed Maria as she rode her bicycle home after a party in the early hours of the morning, before raping her and drowning her in a river.

Khavari has been in custody since his arrest. He remains silent on all charges and did not allow himself to be questioned by forensic medical experts.

Investigators suspected that Khavari was lying when he said he was 17, as he had already told Greek authorities he was 17 back in 2013 before he came to Germany.

The new report on his age clears the way for prosecutors to charge him as an adult, meaning that if convicted, he could face a life sentence.

Following his arrest, it emerged that he had been sentenced to ten years in jail in Greece after he threw a 20-year-old student off a cliff on the island of Corfu in May 2013.

The woman was severely injured but miraculously survived the ordeal and was able to identify her attacker.

Khavari was placed in youth detention and it is unclear why he was freed so soon into his prison sentence.

He did not report to parole officers after his early release and authorities issued a search warrant for the Afghan migrant, but only in Greece.

German authorities have slammed the Greek authorities for 'negligence', saying that if they had known about Khavari's past, he would not have been allowed into the country. 

Thousands mourn 'blind sheikh' convicted in 1993 World Trade Center bombing

Feb 22, 2017

By Amina Ismail and Arwa Gaballa | AL-GAMALIYA, EGYPT

Thousands of mourners gathered in a small Egyptian town on Wednesday for the funeral of the Muslim cleric known as "the blind sheikh" who was convicted of conspiracy in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing in New York.

Omar Abdel-Rahman, who was also convicted of planning a broader "war of urban terrorism" in the United States, died on Saturday in a North Carolina prison aged 78.

Movements across the Islamist spectrum from the Muslim Brotherhood to al Qaeda issued statements mourning him, and several leaders from Egypt's Islamic Group, which views the sheikh as a spiritual leader and renounced violence in 1997, attended.

Carrying signs that read "we will meet in heaven" and chanting "we will defend you with blood and soul, Islam," hundreds of mourners gathered at Al-Gamaliya, his hometown in Egypt's Nile Delta province of Dakahlia, to wait for Abdel-Rahman's body as it made its way back from the U.S. via Cairo.

The Egyptian-born Abdel-Rahman, who lost his eyesight due to childhood diabetes and grew up studying a Braille version of the Koran, remained a spiritual leader for radical Muslims even after more than 20 years in prison.

As an adult he became associated with the fundamentalist Islamic Group and was imprisoned and accused of issuing a fatwa leading to the 1981 assassination of Egyptian President Anwar al-Sadat, against whom he had railed for years.

Abdel-Rahman was still an important figure in radical Islam even after years in prison. A year before his al Qaeda followers pulled off the most destructive assault on U.S. soil, the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Osama bin Laden had pledged a jihad to free Abdel-Rahman from prison.

When Mohammed Mursi, a leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, began his short-lived presidency of Egypt in 2012, he said winning the sheikh's freedom would be a priority. The jihadists who attacked an Algerian oilfield and took hostages in 2013 also demanded his release.

Yet supporters paint him as a revered scholar who faced injustice and torture at the hands of the Egyptian and U.S. governments for sticking by his principles.

Mourners chanted "God is great" and cheered as his body, draped in a brown blanket inside a wooden coffin, was brought out to be washed at his brother's house before the burial.

"If he were a bad man, people from all over the country wouldn't have came to attend his funeral," said Mostafa al-Wakeel, a 40-year-old lawyer who traveled around 175 kilometers (110 miles) from Cairo.

The sheikh said he was hung upside-down from the ceiling, beaten with sticks and given electric shocks while held in Egypt but he was eventually acquitted and went into self-imposed exile in 1990. He managed to get to New York after the U.S. embassy in Sudan granted him a tourist visa in 1990. [nL1N1G30BM]


Even in exile, he remained a force in the Middle East, where followers listened to cassette tapes and radio broadcasts of his sermons decrying the Egyptian government and Israel.

"We grew up learning his books and tapes. He was among the first people who openly spoke against a tyrant," said Wakeel.

Abdel-Rahman was arrested and went on trial with several followers in 1995, accused of plotting assassinations and synchronized bombings of the U.N. headquarters, a major federal government facility in Manhattan and tunnels and a bridge linking New York City and New Jersey.

They were also accused of plotting to kill Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak during his U.S. visit in 1993. He and nine followers were found guilty in October 1995 on 48 of 50 charges.

Al Qaeda issued a statement after his death, referring to Abdel-Rahman's instructions to seek vengeance from those who killed him, referring to the U.S. authorities whom he accused of neglect and abuse during his incarceration.

"This is the instruction of the sheikh in your hands, work hard to fulfill it and don't let the Americans enjoy safety and security. Kill them, keep a watch on them and plant the fear in their hearts. Seek vengeance for your sheikh."

Ohio State Attack: Terrorism Eyed as Police Seek More Info

Abdul Razak Ali Artan was born in Somalia and was a legal permanent U.S. resident, according to a U.S. official

By Julia Carr Smyth and Andrew Welsh-Huggins
NBC News
November 28, 2016

Investigators are looking into whether a car-and-knife attack at Ohio State University that injured 11 people was an act of terror by a Somali-born student who had once criticized the media for its portrayal of Muslims.

The attacker, identified as Abdul Razak Ali Artan, plowed his car into a group of pedestrians on campus shortly before 10 a.m. Monday, and then got out and began stabbing people with a butcher knife before he was shot to death by a campus police officer, authorities said.

A motive was not immediately known, but police said they were investigating whether it was a terrorist attack.

Artan wrote on what appears to be his Facebook page that he had reached a "boiling point," made a reference to "lone wolf attacks" and cited radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, NBC News reported.

"America! Stop interfering with other countries, especially Muslim Ummah [community]. We are not weak. We are not weak, remember that," the post said.

Two hours before that, a post appeared, saying: "Forgive and forget. Love.

Artan was born in Somalia and was a legal permanent U.S. resident, according to a U.S. official who was not authorized to discuss the case and spoke on the condition of anonymity. The FBI joined the investigation.

Ohio State University police Chief Craig Stone said Artan deliberately drove his small gray Honda over a curb outside an engineering classroom building and then began knifing people.

Officer Alan Horujko, 28, who was nearby because of a gas leak arrived on the scene and shot the driver in less than a minute, Stone said.

Angshuman Kapil, a graduate student, was outside Watts Hall when the car barreled onto the sidewalk.

"It just hit everybody who was in front," he said. "After that everybody was shouting, 'Run! Run! Run!'"

Eleven victims were taken to three Columbus hospitals. Most had been hurt by the car, and two had been stabbed, officials said. One had a fractured skull.

Several prayer vigils were held Monday night to support the victims and the community.

Classes at OSU were canceled after the attack, but were scheduled to resume Tuesday.

Students said they were nervous about returning and planned to take precautions such as not walking alone.

"It's kind of nerve-wracking going back to class right after it," said Kaitlin Conner, 18, of Cleveland, who said she had a midterm exam to take Tuesday.

Rep. Adam Schiff, of California, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said the act bore the hallmarks of an attack carried out by someone who may have been self-radicalized.

Ohio State's student newspaper, The Lantern, ran an interview in August with a student named Abdul Razak Artan, who identified himself as a Muslim and a third-year logistics management student who had just transferred from Columbus State in the fall.

He said he was looking for a place to pray openly and worried about how he would be received.

"I was kind of scared with everything going on in the media. I'm a Muslim, it's not what media portrays me to be," he told the newspaper. "If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don't know what they're going to think, what's going to happen. But I don't blame them. It's the media that put that picture in their heads."

In recent months, federal law enforcement officials have raised concerns about online extremist propaganda that encourages knife and car attacks, which are easier to pull off than bombings.

The Islamic State group has urged sympathizers online to carry out lone-wolf attacks in their home countries with whatever weapons are available to them.

Artan was not known to the FBI prior to Monday's attack, according to a law enforcement official who was not authorized to discuss an ongoing investigation and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Dozens of FBI agents began searching Artan's apartment Monday night.

Neighbors said he was always polite and attended daily prayer services at a mosque on the city's west side.

Leaders of Muslim organizations and mosques in the Columbus area condemned the attacks while cautioning people against jumping to conclusions or blaming a religion or an ethnicity.

Surveillance photos showed Artan in the car by himself just before the attack, but investigators are looking into whether anyone else was involved, the campus police chief said.


By Frosty Wooldridge

March 29, 2016

After Muslim immigrants blasted Brussels’ main airport into millions of glass shards and metal shrapnel—it’s time to shut down all Muslim immigration into America. For that matter, shut it down in all western countries like Canada, Europe and Australia. Muslims prove themselves too violent to dwell in civilized countries. As their numbers grow, their violence accelerates.

Thirty-one innocent people died and 300 suffered life-threatening blast injuries. The people of Brussels, Belgium didn’t deserve that terrorist attack. They welcomed Muslims into their midst for the past 40 years. In fact, Muslims stand on the verge of turning Belgium into an Islamic caliphate, also known as a “new Islamic state.” Sooner or later, native Belgians expect to lose their country to the Muslim immigrants.

What exactly does it take for Western leaders to understand that Muslims follow the most violent religion on the planet: Islam’s teachings via the Koran. It advocates violence toward everyone: “Convert or kill all non-believers.”

Since the 1972 Olympic slaughter of athletes by Muslim terrorists, the litany of Muslim attacks on Western countries grows in numbers and magnitude. None of it makes sense. France hosts five million Muslim immigrants, but suffered Charlie Hebdo as well as the Paris massacre and 70 ‘no go zones’ of Islamic violence. Muslims create separate countries within host countries. A whopping 90 percent of Muslims live on the backs of working Europeans via welfare. Muslims NEVER assimilate into host countries; but in fact expect to take them over.

"Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any faith, but to become dominant. The Qur’an should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.” Omar Ahmed, director of Council on American Islamic Relations.

Muslims decapitate citizens walking down the street in London, England. They march against the police. Muslims rape and violate Swedish, German, Spanish, Austrian, French, English and German women. Muslims plant bombs on subways. They plant bombs on airplanes. Muslims run down their daughters, known as ‘honor killings’ for wearing jeans in Phoenix, Arizona. (Source: February 21, 2011; “Noor honor killing in Phoenix, Arizona.”)

Muslims behead enemies, and their wives and daughters in America and around the world. By Sharia Law, Islam mandates a man can beat and behead his wife if she fails to obey him. Islamic women live fearful lives with their husbands or brothers who, on average, according the United Nations “Honor killings report” kill 10,000 women annually for reasons such as: “I wanted a new wife.” (That’s a direct quote.)

In New York, February 16, 2009, FOX News, Joshua Rhett Miller reported, “The estranged wife of a Muslim television executive feared for her life after filing for divorce last month from her abusive husband,” her attorney said — and was found beheaded Thursday in his upstate New York television studio. Aasiya Z. Hassan, 37, was found dead on Thursday at the offices of Bridges TV in Orchard Park, N.Y., near Buffalo. Her husband, Muzzammil Hassan, 44, has reportedly been charged with second-degree murder. “She was very much aware of the potential ramification of her filing for divorce might have,” said attorney Elizabeth DiPirro, whose law firm represented Aasiya Hassan in the divorce proceeding. "But she wanted to proceed despite the potential for it to erupt."

On February 19, 2013, the New York Daily News reported Islamic violence in Buena Vista, New Jersey: “Cops arrested Muslim Yusuf Ibrahim, 28, of Jersey City on Sunday after detectives found the bodies of the two men, aged 25 and 27, behind a home in Buena Vista Township. Their severed heads and hands were discovered at a separate burial site. The investigation into the grisly murder began Thursday following reports of suspicious activity at the Buena Vista home. Cadaver dogs located the bodies, which both suffered a single gunshot wound to their chests.” (Source: New York Daily News, 2/19/13)

In Clayton County, Georgia, January 26, 2009, a Pakistani immigrant father, Chaudry Rashid strangled his daughter for not accepting his choice of a husband. She wanted a divorce. She was 14 when she died. “Man Accused Of Killing Daughter For Family Honor” by Jamie Tarabay of NPR. “Honor killings are old rites of murder within families, committed because of some perceived dishonor or shame. The United Nations estimates around 10,000 deaths occur each year — mostly of women, mostly in South Asia and the Middle East.”

In addition to this kind of Islamic barbarism, our First World country must deal with Islamic “female genital mutilation”, which defines hideous removal of a woman’s genitals.

“The ancient, brutal practice of female genital mutilation (FGM), once considered primarily a problem of the developing world, is a growing threat to girls and women in the United States, according to a new report. The New York City-based non-profit organization, which specializes in gender-based violence, said up to 200,000 girls and women in the United States are at risk of FGM and that the number is growing.” (Source: FrontPage News, March 16, 2013. “200,000 girls at risk for FGM in U.S.”)

“Immigrants devoted to their own cultures and religions are not influenced by the secular politically correct façade that dominates academia, news-media, entertainment, education, religious and political thinking today,” said James Walsh, former Associate General Counsel of the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service. “They claim the right not to assimilate, and the day is coming when the question will be how can the United States regulate the defiantly unassimilated cultures, religions and mores of foreign lands? Such immigrants say their traditions trump the U.S. legal system. Balkanization of the United States has begun.”

Whether immigrants murder their wives and children through honor killings, or cut their daughters into submission---with more Muslim immigrants, we face devolvement of our civilization into a barbaric future. A recent report showed that 51 percent of Muslim immigrants demand Sharia Law in the United States. As their numbers grow, they will implement it. Defacto Sharia Law already manifests in Detroit, Michigan; Minneapolis, Minnesota and New York City. Why? Because millions of Muslims practice it under the rug with no consequences!

Whether it’s Paris, France or Brussels, Belgium or San Bernardino—more Muslim immigration into the USA guarantees another 9/11 of some magnitude in our country. It’s coming as surely as the dawn. That’s why we must shut down all Muslim immigration if we hope to survive the 21st century as an intact civilization.

If you don’t want a Paris, France or San Bernardino or Brussels, Belgium event in your community, it’s time to call for a total “Immigration Shutdown Now.”

Scots nuclear power plant worker caught studying BOMB-MAKING websites at work

27 OCT 2015
Daily Record

THE staff member was marched off the premises at Hunterston B, West Kilbride, this morning after a shocked colleague raised the alarm.

A WORKER at a Scots nuclear power plant has been allegedly caught studying bomb-making websites at work.

The staff member was marched off the premises at Hunterston B, West Kilbride, this morning after a shocked colleague raised the alarm.

Police are now investigating the worker accessing “inappropriate material” while working at the nuclear facility.

The man, who is believed to be a Muslim who moved recently from England, has worked at the North Ayrshire facility for around four weeks.

He was spotted by a fellow colleague on Monday, who reported his concerns to management.

The contractor works as a ‘special entry assistant’ at the power station, and his role involves him going into the heart of the plant to assist tradesmen.

He was allegedly seen viewing inappropriate websites on homemade explosives on a laptop computer, which he slammed shut after being spotted by a work mate.

When he arrived for work on Tuesday, he was escorted from the premises by security guards and plant owners EDF called in police.

A source at the plant said: “The guy has only worked here for a short time.

“He is a low-level employee, but has access to the reactor, where he basically helps out tradesmen working on it.”

Speaking about the incident with the laptop, the source added: “One of his colleagues spotted him engrossed in a laptop on Monday.

“As he passed by, it was slammed shut, but not before the fellow worker got an eyeful of what he had been looking at.

“To him it looked like some sort of website on how to make bombs.

“He reported his concerns to bosses, and the guy was escorted of the site today.

“You can’t have people with access to a nuclear core having any sort of interest in explosives.

“No one knows what was going through his head, but its not what you want to see in a nuclear power plant.”

Hunterston B is one of two nuclear reactors still in operation in Scotland, and is capable of supplying the electricity needs of over 1 million homes.

It is run by French energy giant EDF, and has been generating electricity since 1976.

Hunterston B was originally planned to close in 2011, but will now remain operational until 2023.

A spokeswoman for EDF said: “All EDF Energy employees and contractors undergo a rigorous Government standard, National Security Vetting check in order to be able to work on any nuclear site.

We have been made aware of allegations concerning a contractor accessing inappropriate web material and immediately notified the relevant authorities. We are working with Police Scotland, with the support of the Civil Nuclear Constabulary, to determine the facts and take appropriate action.

“The Civil Nuclear Constabulary - CNC - are deployed at all EDF Energy’s nuclear sites to further enhance the already robust security arrangements at all civil nuclear power stations. Provision was made for this by the Anti-Terrorism, Crime and Security Act, 2001. These officers work alongside existing security teams at each station.”

The spokeswoman added that there was no danger to the plant or the public.

A spokeswoman for Police Scotland said the incident was being dealt with by the Civil Nuclear Constabulary (CNC).

No one from the CNC was available for comment.

Americans suspected of terror-related activities

By The Associated Press (AP)
March 16, 2010

Americans who have been charged or suspected of terror-related activities over the past year include:

_Young Somali men from Minneapolis who left the U.S. in waves from December 2007 through November 2008 to join a Somalia-based terror group with links to al-Qaida. Family members say the men were good kids and only a few had run-ins with police. An uncle of one of the men said his nephew was more interested in the NBA than anything going on in Somalia. Some may have struggled to find their own identity, with knowledge of Somalia gleaned from the Internet, books and stories from older relatives.

_Bryant Neal Vinas, 23, a U.S.-born al-Qaida recruit from Long Island, N.Y. "I consulted with a senior al-Qaida leader and provided detailed information about the operation of the Long Island Rail Road system which I knew because I had ridden the railroad on many occasions," Vinas told a judge in a secret guilty plea to terrorism charges. His cooperation with U.S. investigators was hailed as a major intelligence breakthrough to understanding how would-be jihadists from the West find terror trainers in remote regions of Pakistan.

_Abdulhakim Muhammad, 23, who in June 2009 allegedly shot and killed a soldier at a military recruiting center in Arkansas. Muhammad, who changed his name from Carlos Bledsoe when he converted to Islam, grew up in the Memphis, Tenn., area and then traveled to Yemen, returning to the U.S. in 2008. Since the shooting, in a two-page letter to the judge presiding over his case, Muhammad has described himself as a soldier in al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula and called the shooting "a jihadi attack."

_Daniel Boyd, 39, a North Carolina Muslim convert accused of leading a group of men who planned to kidnap, maim and kill people in other countries in the name of jihad. Boyd decried the U.S. military, praised the honor in martyrdom, bemoaned the struggle of Muslims and said "I love jihad" on audiotapes obtained by federal authorities. Unlike many of the other recent suspects, Boyd allegedly nursed his ambitions for jihad for decades.

_Najibullah Zazi, 24, an Afghan-American al-Qaida recruit from Queens who pleaded guilty in February as the leader of a plot to bomb the New York subway system. Zazi's admitted conspiracy involved what Attorney General Eric Holder called one of the most serious plots the U.S. has faced since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. His failed plan, like that of Vinas, points to the reach of anti-U.S. terror networks in Pakistan. "I would sacrifice myself to bring attention to what the U.S. military was doing to civilians in Afghanistan," Zazi said in court.

_David Headley, 49, a Pakistani-American from Chicago charged with conspiring to attack the Copenhagen newspaper that ran cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed. Headley is also suspected of helping to plan the deadly 2008 terror attack in Mumbai, India, by traveling to that city and helping case targets for gunmen who arrived later. "I feel disposed towards violence for the offending parties," Headley wrote on an Internet discussion group.

_Maj. Nidal Hasan, 39, a U.S.-born Army psychiatrist of Palestinian descent, who is charged in a shooting rampage on the Army post in Fort Hood, Texas, killing 13 people. The Hasan case prompted a slew of finger-pointing among government agencies over why more action wasn't taken when red flags appeared, particularly his e-mail contact with a radical cleric in Yemen.

_Five Pakistani-American men from Northern Virginia, ranging in age from 19 to 25, who were arrested in Pakistan for possible links to terrorism. In a farewell video left by the men, one person made references to the ongoing conflict in the world and said young Muslims have to do something. The men were arrested in Pakistan and face charges there after what police say was a failed attempt to join militants fighting U.S. forces.

_Colleen LaRose, 46, a Muslim convert from Pennsylvania who allegedly called herself "Jihad Jane," and recruited people on the Internet to kill a Swedish cartoonist who offended Muslims by depicting the Prophet Mohammed in his drawings. In a YouTube video she posted in June 2008, LaRose said she was "desperate to do something somehow to help" ease the suffering of Muslims.

_Jamie Paulin-Ramirez, 31, a Colorado Muslim convert who was detained in Ireland during the investigation into an alleged plot to kill the Swedish cartoonist. Paulin-Ramirez, whom her mother described as a troubled single mother who had the "mentality of an abused woman," was later released without charge. When Paulin-Ramirez discussed jihad with her stepfather, a Muslim convert of 40 years, she said she would strap on a bomb for the cause, her mother said.

_Sharif Mobley, 26, a New Jersey man of Somali descent, who is under arrest in Yemen, suspected of ties to al-Qaida and killing a guard in a failed escape attempt. During his time in the United States, Mobley passed a criminal background check and worked as a laborer at a number of nuclear power plants. There is no indication that his work had any connection to his alleged involvement with terrorists. A former friend said Mobley became increasingly radicalized in his Muslim beliefs before he moved to Yemen.

5 Are Convicted of Conspiring to Attack Fort Dix


The New York Times

Published: December 22, 2008

A federal jury on Monday convicted five men of conspiring to kill American soldiers at Fort Dix in New Jersey last year, but acquitted them of attempted murder. Skip to next paragraph

The jury deliberated for six days before returning its verdict against the defendants: three brothers — Shain, Eljvir and Dritan Duka — and Mohamad Shnewer and Serdar Tatar.

The men, all Muslim immigrants who lived in South Jersey or Philadelphia, face a maximum term of life in prison.

Sentencing is scheduled for April 22 for the three brothers and April 23 for Mr. Shnewer, 23, and Mr. Tatar, 25.

During the trial in Federal District Court in Camden, N.J., federal prosecutors said the men planned to attack Fort Dix and military personnel there, and had taken concrete steps to train and arm themselves. Prosecution evidence included hundreds of secretly taped conversations between the defendants and F.B.I. informants; jihadist propaganda videos recovered from one suspect’s computer; and videotapes of an illegal purchase of several machine guns.

The jury also convicted Dritan Duka, 30, Shain Duka, 27, and Mr. Shnewer of possessing firearms with intent to attack the base. It convicted Eljvir Duka, 25, of possessing firearms as an illegal immigrant. All three Duka brothers arrived in the United States illegally years ago, as children, from the former Yugoslavia.

Defense lawyers argued that the men were never serious about attacking Fort Dix, and that the government informants repeatedly coaxed them into making the incendiary comments recorded on government wiretaps.

The defense also challenged the credibility of the informants. One was an Egyptian-born illegal immigrant on probation for bank fraud who was paid more than $230,000 by the F.B.I. for his undercover work; the other was paid about $150,000.

Prosecutors called the five men “radical Islamists” and portrayed their surveillance and prosecution of the defendants as a necessary countermove against terrorists. Ralph J. Marra, the acting United States attorney in New Jersey, rejected accusations that the defendants had been manipulated by F.B.I. informants.

“This was not something that was trumped up by a cooperating witness,” he said at a courthouse news conference. “The verdict was based solely on the words and actions of these defendants.”

Relatives of Mr. Shnewer and Mr. Tatar and members of their legal team charged that the defendants’ Islamic beliefs worked against them. Serpil Tatar, a sister of Mr. Tatar, called the conviction “a big lie.”

“We came here so we could have a better life,” she said, speaking through tears to reporters at the courthouse. “But what we saw shows there’s a question about whether there’s justice.”

Faten Shnewer, Mr. Shnewer’s mother, criticized the government for relying on well-paid informants who were well aware of the kind of information their F.B.I. handlers were seeking. “This is not justice,” she said.

Jim Sues, executive director of the New Jersey chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, who spent several days in court listening to testimony, said that the men, though not innocent of any wrongdoing, were unjustifiably egged on by government informants into making conspiratorial statements about a terrorist attack on the base.

“The informant was much more than the informant,” Mr. Sues said in a telephone interview on Monday. “There was definitely some laws broken, but conspiracy to attack Fort Dix is a whole different story.”

Four of the men lived in Cherry Hill, a New Jersey suburb of Philadelphia; Mr. Tatar lived in Philadelphia. They were arrested in May 2007 after one of the government’s informants secretly videotaped them paying $1,400 for seven machine guns in the informant’s apartment.

Investigators later found videos on one defendant’s computer that showed clips of dead American soldiers and kidnapping victims about to be beheaded.

The investigation began in January 2006, after an electronics store clerk notified the F.B.I. that one of the men had brought in a video for duplication that showed 10 young men firing assault weapons at an outdoor range and shouting “God is Great” in Arabic. Among the 10 men in the video were the three Duka brothers and Mr. Shnewer.

The five defendants seemed to many to be far more South Jersey than seething jihadists. The Dukas are ethnic Albanians who worked in a family roofing business; Mr. Tatar, a legal immigrant from Turkey, worked as an assistant manager for a 7-Eleven in Philadelphia. Mr. Shnewer, an American citizen who was born in Jordan, was a taxi driver who also worked at a market run by his family in South Jersey.

Evidence showed that the men regularly watched and talked about Qaeda-inspired videos and visited a rented house in the Pocono Mountains where they fired weapons in what prosecutors said was training for an attack.

In March, Judge Robert B. Kugler, who also presided over this trial, sentenced a friend of the Duka brothers to 20 months in prison for supplying them with guns and ammunition. The friend, Agron Abdullahu, who had already served 11 months in prison when he was sentenced, was released in October, said his lawyer, Richard Coughlin.

Jurors declined to comment about their verdict but asked Judge Kugler to read their statement saying in part, “This has been one of the most difficult things that we have ever had to do.”

“During these last six days,” the statement went on, “we have held the fate of these five defendants in our hands, and we have not reached our conclusion lightly. The burden imposed on us has been heavy, but we are confident that our verdict has been reached fairly and impartially.”


Somalis may be leaving Minn. for jihad

By Oren Dorell, USA TODAY


MINNEAPOLIS — Mohamud Ali Hassan once told the Somali grandmother who raised him that he'd become a doctor and care for her.

The Somali immigrant, who moved to the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" when he was 8, had good grades at the University of Minnesota and called Muslims to prayer at his mosque, where he also slept during the holy month of Ramadan.

But on Nov. 1, Hassan disappeared, as have a dozen other boys and young men here — two days after another young Muslim from Minnesota blew himself up as a suicide bomber in Somalia.

Hassan, 18, called his grandmother to say he was back in Somalia, where an Islamist militia is trying to take over the Horn of Africa nation. What he was doing there, he did not say.

Now the FBI is asking questions, as are members of the Somali community. The Abubakar As-Saddique Islamic Center denies any wrongdoing, but many here suspect that the mosque and its imam are radicalizing their youth to become jihadists in an Islamic holy war overseas or perhaps even in the United States

"They are very powerful, whoever got into his mind and got him to do this," says Hassan's grandmother Fadumo Elmi, 83. "We were forced out of our country one time. We don't want to be forced out of here."

Details of the disappearances are few, but what little is known is cause for concern, says Abdizirak Bihi, a community activist who represents six families of young men who disappeared in early November.

Among them was Bihi's nephew, Burhan Hassan, 17, a high school junior.

All were good students, had no problems with the law, Bihi says. All were raised by single mothers and spent a lot of time in the Abubakar As-Saddique Islamic Center.

The center is the largest mosque in the Twin Cities. Bihi worries it is preaching a radical Islamic ideology to vulnerable young men.

Shirwa Ahmed, 19, who left in August with no notice to his family, was among five terrorists who blew themselves up Oct. 29 in an attack that killed 24 people in Somalia, Bihi says.

"We are wanting the government and politicians to investigate who is responsible for sending our kids and we are requesting the American government to help us to get us back our kids." Bihi says.

Other Somali immigrants worry the disappearances may foretell dangers for their adopted nation. "That kid that blew himself up in Somalia could have done it here in Minneapolis," says Omar Jamal, executive director of the Somali Justice Advocacy Center in St. Paul.

Special Agent E.K. Wilson of the FBI in Minneapolis would not say whether his agency is investigating the mosque. Bihi and Elmi said the FBI has talked to them and others about the missing.

Wilson said the FBI knows that Muslims here have been going overseas to fight.

"We're aware that a number of Somali men have traveled from around the United States including Minneapolis to potentially fight overseas," Wilson said.

A lawyer for the Abubaker As-Saddique Islamic Center denied any involvement in planning or financing the men's travels or any political indoctrination.

"The mosque has taken a position that it would never take a stand on any political issues," says lawyer Mahir Sherif in San Diego. "We do not support terrorism or any kind of suicide bombing or act of violence."

He said federal authorities last month prevented the mosque's religious leader, Sheik Abdirahman Ahmed, from flying to Mecca.

Somalia has been plagued by lawlessness, terrorism and warfare since the collapse of the military government in 1991. In recent years, a radical Islamist militia that seeks to impose Islamic law captured the capital of Mogadishu, where 18 U.S. soldiers died in the infamous "Blackhawk Down" battle of 1993. Troops from Ethiopia invaded in 2006 to counter the Islamists, who have been praised by Osama bin Laden.

Yusuf Shaba, who writes about Islamic ideology and radicalism for the Warsan Times, a Somali-English monthly newspaper published in Minneapolis, says he decided to speak out about what he considers Islamic indoctrination at Minneapolis mosques because he doesn't want his sons to follow the same path he did.

Shaba, 34, joined Al Ittihad Al-Islami (Islamic Union) at age 16 and was wounded at age 19 in Somalia. Al Ittihad was Somalia's largest Islamic terrorist group in the 1990s.

Shaba says jihadists generally recruit young men from among two groups: those shunned by their families because they've turned to drugs, gangs or alcohol; and the sons of families who forbid exposure to Western culture and allow them to socialize only at the mosque.

Shaba says he and his three teenage sons attended a program two months ago at Abubaker As-Saddique Islamic Center, where a former Somali warrior sat in a circle with other young people and delivered a passionate recitation of his experiences during the Somali civil war.

Some mosques also screen videos about the war in Afghanistan and about Muslim victims of perceived injustices in such places as Nigeria and the Palestinian territories. "They give them all the grievances that Osama Bin Laden has," Shaba says. "They talk about nothing but jihad and it's the best thing that can happen to a Muslim."

When the brainwashing is done and the teachers are confident students will do anything asked of them, the teachers give them tazkia, or clearance, to get more specialized training in the United States or abroad, Shaba says.

"The people who trained us encouraged us to not get married, to sever our ties with our families, so that when the mission comes we won't worry about family."

Shaba says similar activities occur at Minnesota Da'wah Institute in St. Paul, another mosque. Sheik Mahamud Hassan, the institute's imam, says nothing like that is happening as his mosque. "It's liars," he says. "I'm not missing any members."

Elmi wrapped herself in her shawl and sobbed as she thought of Hassan in her one bedroom apartment in a Minneapolis public housing high rise. Outside, snow covered the parking lot and temperatures were below zero.

They moved to the United States in 1996, when Hassan was 8 and after his father was killed in the civil war. Hassan was obedient, but after going to the mosque, "He was completely changed."

"I thought the mosque would be a much safer place than the night clubs and bars," she said, crying. "I don't want God to curse me because I say something bad about the mosque."


Ally of al-Qaida terrorist pleads guilty to conspiracy in Ohio mall bomb plot

The Associated Press

Published: July 31, 2007

COLUMBUS, Ohio: A Somali immigrant the government says plotted to blow up an Ohio shopping mall pleaded guilty to conspiring to provide material support to terrorists.

Nuradin Abdi, 35, entered his plea Tuesday before U.S. District Judge Algenon Marbley a week before his trial had been expected to start Aug. 6.

"In this climate an American jury, we felt, could potentially find him guilty because of all this negative stuff that's coming in, and if they found him guilty he was looking at spending the rest of his life in custody," said Abdi's attorney, Mahir Sherif. "The government came back with another offer, so he decided to take it."

Under a plea deal, Abdi is expected to receive a 10-year sentence on the count, which carries a maximum penalty of 15 years. Three other charges were dropped and he will be deported after serving his sentence.

The Justice Department accused Abdi of suggesting the plan to attack an unidentified Columbus shopping mall during an August 2002 meeting with now-convicted al-Qaida terrorist Iyman Faris and a third suspect, Christopher Paul. The suspected plot was never carried out.

Abdi testified under oath that he talked with Faris and Paul at a coffee shop in suburban Columbus where he suggested they "plan to detonate a bomb in a shopping mall to avenge U.S. policy and military action in Afghanistan," according to a statement of facts submitted by the government during Tuesday's hearing.

An attorney for Abdi said Abdi was acknowledging only that he made that statement under oath, not that the conversation regarding the attack actually happened.

"He's never said that that conversation actually occurred during this plea agreement, he's just saying that he said that in immigration hearings," another defense attorney, Aurora Bewicke, said after the hearing. "He's not said that the conversation happened or that there was any plans to hurt any Americans."

Federal agents arrested Abdi the morning of Nov. 28, 2003, the day after Thanksgiving, out of fear the attack would be carried out on the heavy shopping day. He was arrested at 6 a.m. while leaving his Columbus home for morning prayers.

Faris is serving 20 years in a maximum-security federal prison in Florence, Colorado, for his role in an al-Qaida plot to destroy the Brooklyn Bridge. Faris scouted the bridge and told al-Qaida its plans would not work, court papers have said. Prosecutors accused Paul, who was arrested in April, of joining al-Qaida and plotting to bomb European tourist resorts and U.S. government facilities and military bases overseas.

Prosecutors also say Abdi gave stolen credit card numbers to a man accused of buying gear for al-Qaida, and lied on immigration documents to visit a jihadist training camp.

Abdi's attorneys said he was merely upset at the war in Afghanistan and reports of civilians killed in bombings by the U.S.-led invasion. They have said that the stolen numbers were never used and that the Justice Department never alleged what organization they believed was running the camp, what Abdi intended to do with the training, or whether he ever actually went.

He was to remain jailed until his sentencing date, which was not set.


Brothers Face Terror-Related Charges
Friday August 3, 2007 4:46 AM


Associated Press Writer

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Two brothers were indicted Thursday on terrorism-related charges after one allegedly provided money and equipment to the other who was battling troops in the Philippines as a member of a terrorist group, authorities said.

FBI agents arrested Rahmat Abdhir, 43, of San Jose, outside his office in Sunnyvale on Thursday morning, federal authorities said. His brother, Zulkifli Abdhir, 41, remains at large in the Philippines and is wanted on a $5 million reward.

Both were charged in a 16-count indictment that included charges of conspiracy to support terrorists. Rahmat Abdhir also was charged with making false statements and contributing goods and services to a known terrorist, his brother.

It was unclear Thursday whether Rahmat Abdhir had hired an attorney, said Justice Department spokesman Dean Boyd.

Zulkifli Abdhir has been labeled by the U.S. government as a ``specially designated global terrorist'' since 2003. Prosecutors said Zulkifli Abdhir provided regular reports to his brother of battles between Philippine troops and members of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, a group the government said has ties to al-Qaida's regional affiliate, Jemaah Islamiyah.

Federal prosecutors say the brothers communicated with each other in code in a scheme to have Rahmat Abdhir send his brother knives, two-way radios and backpacks. Their code included using the words ``presents'' and ``prizes'' for improvised explosive devices; ``dogs'' referred to government agents and ``iron'' for guns, according to the indictment.

Between June 2006 and June 2007, Rahmat Abdhir sent his brother Colt .45 magazines, a rifle scope, camouflage clothing and more than $10,000, according to the indictment.

If convicted on all counts, Rahmat Abdhir faces a maximum of life in prison, while Zulkifli Abdhir faces a maximum of 30 years.


Judge sentences Lodi man to 24 years for attending terror camp


By AARON C. DAVIS, Associated Press Writer

Monday, September 10, 2007


A California man convicted of attending an al-Qaida camp in Pakistan was sentenced to 24 years in federal prison Monday for supporting terrorists, concluding a case that divided a Central Valley farming community.


U.S. District Court Judge Garland Burrell Jr. imposed the sentence against Hamid Hayat on his 25th birthday, saying he had "attended a terrorist training camp, returned to the United States ready and willing to wage violent jihad when directed to do so."


Hayat faced up to 39 years in prison after his April 2006 conviction on one count of providing material support to terrorists and three counts of lying about it to FBI agents.


But Burrell said it was Hayat's first criminal offense and cited other factors in imposing the lesser sentence. He said the sentence handed down Monday was sufficient to deter similar behavior by others and punish Hayat for his crimes.


Hayat had no visible reaction when the sentence was read, and his family sat quietly in the back row of the courtroom. But surrounded by reporters outside the courthouse afterward, they lashed out at the prosecution.


"We were expecting justice. We did not get justice. My son is innocent," said Hamid Hayat's father, Umer.


His son, a U.S. citizen, was arrested in June 2005 shortly after returning from a two-year trip to Pakistan, where prosecutors said he received terrorist training and plotted against targets in California.


They said he intended to attack hospitals, banks, grocery stores and government buildings, although his lawyer argued that Hayat never attended such a camp.


Ultimately, jurors were swayed by a confession that was videotaped during a lengthy FBI interrogation. His lawyer said the confession was coerced after agents peppered him with leading questions and wore him down during an all-night session.

Umer Hayat also was caught up in the case, but a federal jury deadlocked on whether he had lied to federal agents about his son's attendance at the camp. He later pleaded guilty to lying to a customs agent about why he was bringing $28,000 in cash to Pakistan several years earlier.


The case against the Hayats grew from a wider federal probe into the 2,500-member Pakistani community in Lodi, a farming and wine-growing region about 35 miles south of the state capital.


That investigation began shortly after the September 2001 terror attacks and focused on whether Lodi business owners were sending money to terror groups abroad.


The case against Hamid Hayat began after an informant the FBI sent to Lodi befriended him and began secretly tape-recording their conversations. During those talks, most of which were in the Hayat home, Hamid Hayat talked about jihad, praised al-Qaida and expressed support for religious governments in Pakistan and Afghanistan.


His lawyer during the trial's criminal phase, Wazhma Mojaddidi, said those sentiments were nothing more than the idle chatter of a directionless young man who had only a sixth-grade education. She said the government had no proof her client had ever attended a terror camp.


His family said Hamid Hayat did not travel to Pakistan because he felt drawn to terrorist ideology. Rather, they claimed in court that they sent him there to find direction in life and a wife.


Federal prosecutors began pursuing the Hayats after the informant turned over hundreds of hours of audiotaped conversations. He failed a lie-detector test and even told investigators that he had attended various terrorist camps in Pakistan in 2000, 2003 and 2004.


Their investigation also uncovered a book in Hamid Hayat's bedroom titled "Virtues of Jihad."


Umer Hayat, a naturalized U.S. citizen who made a living selling ice cream out of an old van, said the government informant misled the family and conned his son into making damaging statement. The FBI paid the informant a total of $300,000 for his work on the case.


Hamid Hayat's new attorney, Dennis Riordan, immediately filed a motion to vacate the conviction, claiming Hayat did not have adequate counsel during his trial.


He argued that Mojaddidi had never defended a client in any criminal case and ceded decision-making to Umer Hayat's attorney, Johnny Griffin. He said that constituted a clear conflict of interest because Griffin was acting in the best interest of his client, not Hamid Hayat.


Riordan also said he plans to file a notice of appeal of the sentence, saying Mojaddidi failed to perform the most basic defense functions, such as sending someone to Pakistan to investigate or calling any witnesses.


The case has caused tension in the Central Valley agricultural town, which is known for its annual grape festival. Pakistani immigrants have been part of the community's fabric for more than a century, when they began arriving to work in the fields.

They attended local mosques and kept a largely quiet existence until the case against the Hayats arose. Since then, trust has been shaken between Muslims and non-Muslims, with some local Pakistanis saying they feel shunned by the community.


Two Muslim clerics ensnared in the wider probe were deported for immigration violations.


3 in Ohio guilty of plot against US troops in Iraq


CLEVELAND (AP) — Three Ohio men were convicted Friday of plotting to recruit and train terrorists to kill American soldiers in Iraq, a case put together with help from a former soldier who posed as a radical bent on violence.

Mohammad Amawi, 28, Marwan El-Hindi, 45, and Wassim Mazloum, 27, face maximum sentences of life in prison. Prosecutors said the men were learning to shoot guns and make explosives while raising money to fund their plans to wage a holy war against U.S. troops.

The federal jury in Toledo returned its verdict after three days of deliberations. U.S. District Judge James G. Carr did not set a sentencing date, said acting U.S. attorney Bill Edwards.

"Today's verdicts should send a strong message to individuals who would use this country as a platform to plot attacks against U.S. military personnel in Iraq and elsewhere," said Patrick Rowan, acting assistant attorney general for national security, in a written statement. "This case also underscores the need for continued vigilance in identifying and dismantling extremist plots that develop in America's heartland."

Messages seeking comment from defense attorneys were not immediately returned. At trial they claimed that the three defendants, who all lived in the Toledo area, were manipulated by the government's star witness, Darren Griffin.

The undercover FBI informant and former Army Special Forces soldier recorded the men for about two years beginning in 2004 while they talked about training in explosives, guns, and sniper tactics. They often met in their homes and at a tiny storefront mosque where they prayed together.

Defense attorneys noted that Griffin was involved in all conversations the prosecution presented to the jury, and that there was no evidence of telephone conversations or e-mails dealing with the alleged plot among only the defendants.

Griffin won the trust of the men by posing as a former soldier who grew disenchanted with U.S. foreign policy who was now intent on violence against America. Prosecutors said even Griffin's family had been under the impression that he had become a radical.

Griffin said most people at the mosque shunned him and that no one raised any threats until El-Hindi began talking about kidnapping Israeli soldiers. Amawi, Griffin said, asked him to help him train two recruits from Chicago for holy war.

According to one secret recording made by Griffin, Amawi said he was troubled by the loss of life in New York in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, but he quickly added: "Killing Americans in Iraq is OK."

Griffin testified that he twice traveled to Jordan with Amawi and also taught Amawi and Mazloum how to shoot guns.

El-Hindi told Griffin, according to recordings heard in court, that he knew two cousins who were eager to receive "jihad training." Griffin asked El-Hindi if he was recruiting for jihad. "Oh no, I just want to take these two," El-Hindi answered, adding that he wanted to take care of them for their families.

The two Chicago-area cousins — Khaleel Ahmed of Chicago and Zubair A. Ahmed of suburban North Chicago — have pleaded not guilty to conspiring to kill American soldiers and face trial next year.

Amawi, El-Hindi and Mazloum were convicted of conspiring to kill or maim people outside the United States, including military personnel. Amawi and El-Hindi were convicted of distributing information regarding explosives to terrorists.

Defense attorneys said Griffin lied and manipulated the defendants by putting words in their mouths so that he could stay on the government payroll.

Attorneys for the men also questioned how the three men could have been involved in a conspiracy when they never practiced shooting guns together or watched training videos together.

Griffin testified that the three gathered in the same place just once during the two years he investigated them. He also said that he never saw e-mails from the men that talked about plotting to kill soldiers.

Amawi and El-Hindi are U.S. citizens, and Mazloum came to the U.S. legally from Lebanon. El-Hindi was born in Jordan, and Amawi was born in the U.S. but also has Jordanian citizenship.

They had blended easily into the city's thriving Muslim community.

Mazloum was a college student who helped his brother run a used-car lot. Amawi once worked at a bakery. And El-Hindi was a married father of seven.

All had moved to the Toledo area only in recent years. Still, the arrests stunned the city's Arab-American community, which has been rooted in the city for generations and produced actor Jamie Farr and entertainer Danny Thomas.












Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag.... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”