Muslim Sermon - Do not show loyalty to the infidels!
مظاهر موالاة المشركين
1) The Islamic obligation of loyalty and disavowal for the sake of Allaah.
2) The most critical manifestations of loyalty towards the infidels are:
a. Following their ways and culture.
b. Implementing man-made legislation.
c. Resembling them physically.
d. Celebrating their religious festivals.
3) The evil consequences of resembling infidels.
4) The position of the pious Muslim predecessors regarding being loyal to the disbelievers.
5) The might of the Muslims lies in their adherence to their religion.
One of the most secure and trustworthy handholds to our religion is loyalty and disavowal, and love and hate, for the sake of Allaah. A believer must love and be loyal to Allaah, His Messenger sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam and the believers; he must renounce polytheism, disbelief and every infidels.
This is the religion of Prophet Ibraaheem, peace be upon him, as well as those who believed in him and followed his teachings, whom Allaah made as an example for us to be followed, Allaah says that which means: “There has already been for you an excellent pattern in Abraham and those with him, when they said to their people: 'Indeed, we are disassociated from you and from whatever you worship other than Allaah. We have denied you, and there has appeared between us and you animosity and hatred forever until you believe in Allaah alone'…” (Al-Mumtahinah: 4).
It is the religion of Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, who was commanded along with those who believed with him, not to take the infidels as allies. Allaah says that which means: “O you who have believed! Do not take My enemies and your enemies as allies, extending to them affection while they have disbelieved in what came to you from the truth…” (Al-Mumtahinah: 1).This is regarding the disbelievers in general, but as for the people of the Book in particular Allaah says that which what means, “O you who have believed! Do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you – then indeed, Allaah guides not the wrongdoing people.” (Al-Maa’idah: 51).
Islaam places no value to the bonds of kinship if ones relatives favour infidelity over Islaam, despite the fact that they may be as close as ones father, brother or children. Allaah says that which means: “O you who have believed! Do not take your fathers or your brothers as allies if they have preferred disbelief over belief. And whoever does so among you – then it is those who are the wrongdoers. Say [O Muhammad]: 'If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allaah and His Messenger and Jihaad in His cause, then wait until Allaah executes His command. And Allaah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people.” (At-Tawbah: 23-24).
Just as Allaah has prohibited us from being loyal to the infidels, He has also commanded us to be loyal to Allaah, His Messenger sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam and the believers as a manifestation of their Islamic monotheism; Allaah says that which means: “Your ally is none but Allaah and [therefore] His Messenger and those who have believed – those who establish prayer and give zakah, and they bow [in worship]. And whoever is an ally of Allaah and His Messenger and those who have believed – indeed, the party of Allaah – they will be predominant.” (Al-Maa’idah: 55-56) and also: “You will not find a people who believe in Allaah and the Last Day having affection for those who oppose Allaah and His Messenger, even if they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred. Those – He has decreed within their hearts faith and supported them with spirit from Him. And We will admit them to gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide eternally. Allaah is pleased with them, and they are pleased with Him, those are the party of Allaah. Undoubtedly, the party of Allaah – they are the successful.” (Al-Mujaadilah: 22).
Slaves of Allaah! These texts from the Book of Allaah make it mandatory upon all Muslims to love and have loyalty for the sake of Allaah, and hate and disavow for the sake of Allaah; but many Muslims are unaware of this fact, which is one of the most trustworthy handholds of belief, and have fallen into many different ways of being loyal to the infidels. Even though these ways are too numerous to mention, we will highlight some of the most important ones:
· Following the ways of the Jews and Christians is one of the most obvious types, as the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: “You will follow in the footsteps of those who came before you exactly, so much so that if they were to enter into the dwelling of a lizard, you would follow them.” His companions asked: “Do you mean the Jews and the Christians (as 'those before you')?" he sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam replied: “Who else?” (Bukhaari & Muslim).
I swear by Allaah that many Muslims have followed the ways of the Jews and Christians in their faith, dealings, traditions and even worship, which makes this narration a miraculous prophecy. They imitated them in the way they exaggerated in glorifying their Prophets and righteous people to the extent that they attributed to them some divine qualities.
They built shrines and tombs over their graves and made them into places of worship. Muslims imitated them in that despite the fact that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam warned against this on his death bed, as narrated by ‘Aa’ishah, may Allaah be pleased with her, that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said during his death sickness: “May Allaah curse the Jews and Christians! They used the graves of their Prophets as places of worship” 'Aa'ishah, may Allaah be pleased with her, added: "He was warning people against committing what the Jews and Christians did, and if it was not for his fear that people would use his grave as a place of worship, he would have allowed his grave to protrude above ground level." (Bukhaari & Muslim). This prophecy of course materialised just as the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam informed us it would; many Muslims built shrines and tombs over the graves of righteous people and used them as places for worship.
· Removing Islamic legislation for ruling and judgement and replacing it with man-made legislation, which is clearly based on disbelief and the exact imitation of the Jews and Christians, is another manifestation of being loyal to the infidels; Allaah says that which means: “…And whoever does not judge by what Allaah has revealed – then it is those who are the disbelievers.” (Al-Maa’idah: 44).
· Admiring infidels and imitating the way they dress is another manifestation of being loyal to them as Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: “He who imitates a people will be from amongst them (on the Day of Judgement.” (Abu Daawood & Ahmad).
· Celebrating or joining them in their religious festivals is another manifestation; Allaah says that which means: “And for all religions We have appointed a rite [of sacrifice]…” (Al-Hajj: 34) meaning a religious festival. Muslims have only two religious festivals, ‘Eed Al-Fitr and ‘Eed Al-Adh-haa but any other festival, such as the celebration of revolutions and Independence Days are nothing but a manifestation of the resembling of infidels, and these are strictly forbidden. Allaah described His devout slaves in the Qur’aan with that which means: “And [they are] those who do not testify to falsehood, and if they pass near ill speech, they pass by with dignity.” (Al-Furqaan: 72) The renowned Qur'aanic commentators Mujaahid and Qataadah, may Allaah have mercy upon them, said: "This means that they do not attend the festivals of the infidels." Celebrating their festivals is a manifestation of loyalty to them which ruins ones faith. Those who celebrate the festivals of infidels definitely harbour love for them while Allaah has strictly forbidden us from admiring the infidels; He says that which means: “And let not their wealth or their children impress you. Allaah only intends to punish them through them in this world and that their souls should depart [at death] while they are disbelievers.” (At-Tawbah: 85).
It is the duty of every Muslim to warn others against these manifestations of resembling the disbelievers to maintain the purity of their faith; they must love and be loyal only to Muslims for the sake of Allaah, and hate infidels and renounce them for the sake of Allaah.
Following and imitating the Jews and Christians in their customs and habits is now widespread among the Muslims; this is a manifestation of loyalty to the infidels which we are forbidden from doing. Nowadays, we see the overwhelming phenomenon of the imitation of the Jews and Christians in everything including eating, drinking, dressing and physical appearance. This endangers the identity of the Muslims is paving the way for its eradication so that it can be replaced by the identity of the Jews and Christians. It is only because of the admiration that the Muslims have towards them that this is taking place. It is a known fact that admiring others leads one to incline towards them outwardly, and this in turn leads to inwardly inclination.
O Muslims! How different were the companions of the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam who were proud of this religion (Islaam) and who did not resemble the Jews and Christians in any matter, regardless of how minor they were; indeed they would differ from them due to their religious conviction, just as the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam used to differ from them as a preventive measure and as a way of cultivating his companions. It is as due to thus prophetic cultivation that his companions received that they became a mighty generation who had no need of imitating the infidels; in fact they used to look down on them instead of admiring them, and by that they were as Allaah says which means: “So do not weaken and do not grieve, and you will be superior if you are [true] believers.” (Aal ‘Imraan: 139).
Let us refer to one example of honour and might which Islamic history testifies to; it is the stance of Rib’i Ibn ‘Aamir, may Allaah be pleased with him, with the leader of the Persian army Rostom. When Rostom asked Rib’i Ibn ‘Aamir, may Allaah be pleased with him: "What made you fight against us and come to our land?" he replied: "Allaah sent us to take whomever He wishes from His slaves from being enslaved to other humans to the servitude of the Lord of all creations; and from the injustice of all other religions to the justice of Islaam.” then looked to the right to the left of Rostom and saw that his army is bowing down before Rostom in humility, so he continued: "We used to hear that you were intelligent bright-minded people, but I have never seen people who are more brainless then you; we Muslims do not take each other as slaves; it would have been better if you had told me that you take some people from amongst you as your Lord!" The people looked at one-another and began whispering that: "This Bedouin is speaking the truth"; the leaders felt that Rib'i's words were like a bolt of lightning which destroyed them and shook their positions; some of them started saying: ‘The words of this Bedouin made our slaves become attracted to him." This is the might of Islaam and the honour of belief, and that is the difference between us and the companions of the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam.
The duty of all Muslims is to follow to their religion and adhere to the Sunnah of their Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam; they must love and hate for the sake of Allaah, and base loyalty and disavowal on what pleases Him. They must not imitate or resemble infidels because such actions would nullify their belief.
The Muslim nation went into this state of humiliation only after they started following in the footsteps of the descendants of the pigs and monkeys (i.e., the Jews) inwardly and outwardly, this kept happening until Muslims became weak and lost control over their own destination, humiliated by the cursed Jews and misguided Christian.
WORD FAITH INDEX
CATHOLIC CHURCH INDEX